Editing services are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. All manuscripts require a deposit of 1/2 the estimated editing fee at time of manuscript submission; the balance is due on receipt of the completed edits.
For the convenience of both our authors and our editor, you are invited (and encouraged) to schedule an “editing window.” This ensures that time will be specifically set aside exclusively for working on your manuscript. It also helps prevent manuscripts from piling up into an unmanageable [virtual] stack in our editor’s inbox.
To schedule a specific editing window
- Look at the calendar (bel0w) to identify your preferred editing dates (M-F only, please, although it’s okay to extend into the following week). Dates marked “scheduled edit” have already been reserved (dates marked “out of office” should be self-explanatory!).
- Contact the editor (editor @ camdenparkpress.com) to discuss your manuscript length, editing needs, and preferred dates. The editor will answer any questions you might have at this point and provide an estimate of the editing time required and your total fee, together with payment information.
- Pay the deposit (1/4 of the estimated total fee) via PayPal to lock-in your dates.
- When it’s time for your scheduled date, pay the second portion of the pre-payment amount (another 1/4 of the fee) and send your manuscript to the editor. You won’t be billed for the balance – which will be adjusted from the estimate based on the actual length of the manuscript you submit – until your edited manuscript is returned to you.
Deposits are non-refundable – even in Indie Publishing, deadlines matter!
If you miss your deadline (deadline = the day you were scheduled to submit your manuscript to the editor), your deposit will not be refunded, and a later lock-in date for that manuscript will not be scheduled; however, you can always submit your manuscript into the first-come, first-served queue. Your manuscript will be added to the queue, and edited in the order it was received.
- If you submit your manuscript within 90 days of your original lock-in deadline, your deposit will still be applied to your total editing fee.
- If you submit your manuscript more than 90 days after your original lock-in deadline, the manuscript will be treated as a “new submission,” and fees will be calculated all over again.
(If the calendar isn’t appearing properly on this page, please click here to view it in a separate browser window; thank you to Google for providing this service).
To contact the editor
If you have questions not answered above, please don’t hesitate to ask! You can contact the editor directly by sending an email to:
editor @ camdenparkpress.com
Editing is an art, not a science. It is possible that, despite all best efforts, a stray typo or misspelling may slip past the Editor’s notice; should this occur, we apologize in advance. In addition, while the goal of the editing process is to help authors present their work in its best possible form to the reading public, neither the Editor nor Camden Park Press make any guarantees as to the future sales, reviews, or ultimate success of any of our authors’ work. We do wish all of our authors the very best in their artistic endeavors, and hope that, if pleased with the Editor’s work, they will refer other authors to our services.